Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Camping, is it really a good idea...?

Last Monday I took the children to Dave's parents neck of the woods for a camping trip. Bad idea! ;)

This is the third year they have taken all, but one because he's old and sassy ;) , of their grandchildren camping! Great idea right!? WRONG! * Just kidding Mom and Dad  Hendricks ;) * Beth is now in a pink cast for at least 3 weeks. *sigh*

It's not really broken... Her right foot and calf is purple and green, and one of her bones "dented" the other one. I know, I know, sounds crazy, huh!? That's the best way I can explain it. But that's the long and the short of it.

She was in a pair of flip flops, BAD idea! Jogging down a hill and on to a boat dock that was missing a board! Oh well, praise God she's OK ;) And it happened right before dinner on the last night, so she did not have to miss out on much ;)

Okay, enough about that ;)

We are planning to take our children to Oregon and or Washington in September. We are all looking forward to that. We've never had a family vacation like this before. Dave really wants the kids to see the ocean. :) I think we will ALL be more then ready! Dave is working like a crazy man these days.

Well, I better keep moving! Just thought I would give blog land a quick up date ;)

My flower garden is call my name! Also a BBQ grill needs CLEANED! ;)

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

So sorry about Beth's injury! :-( At least children heal up quickly.
I'm SO excited about making a trip to Montana! I can't wait for some western therapy! I long to see blue skies, experience crisp, cool evenings, see stars again, and see the rugged mountains of the west. Ahhhh. I feel relaxed just thinking about it! We booked our flights yesterday. I'm sure I'll be blogging about it in a day or two. We'll be flying to Spokane on September 1 and coming back home on the 6th. We opted for Spokane because we're going to go pray for Billi and Paul in Lewiston, Idaho on this trip.

Dave and Melissa said...

Wow!! Cool!
Grace has asked for prayer for Billi and Paul.

Anonymous said...

Hope Beth is feeling better and better each day!
We are so happy you all are taking such a cool family adventure!
What a gorgeous place to visit! I'm jealous!~
Have a wonderful week end - I'm sure we'll talk soon~ Moi