Saturday, July 20, 2013

Family Fun

Ok... I'll give an update on Hendricks life over the last month.

About 4-5 days after camp was over, the children and I went to see Dave's parents. We went for the 4th of July weekend. We planned to stay 5-6 days. But were only able to stay about 3. Dan was sick with bad ear infections in both ears. It was ruff. Anyway.. He is all better now. For that I am thankful!

About 9 days after we got home from that, my Mom, Aunt Jane, and Cousin Alex came for a week long visit! It was so nice to have them here with us. It was pretty relaxing not too much going on. We did go to the county fair one day for a little while. We had a little Bible study here on Wednesday night with our whole church and some of the Alexander's family that was here visiting as well! We also played a trivia game! Yikes!! Of course the team with Dave on it won. He almost always wins those.
For those of you who know my cousin Alex, you know what a Hoot he is... ;) I am thankful for the time with him and for my kids to be around someone who is "different". It's good to remind ourselves that God made MANY differences in us humans and, the ones He created are not bad. *Side Note* Alex has Fragile X, it is a common form or mental retardation. Can I say that...? *End Side Note*

My Aunt and I got to take 2 walks together when she was here. That was very nice. I love her so much and am beyond thankful for what God is doing in and through her.
It was hard to say good bye to my mom. It always is.... I wish I would have hugged her more when she was here. I just don't get enough hugs from her. I am crying as I write this... Ok, change of subject!

In about 9 days we go BACK to Dave's parents for a camping trip with them and all, but one, of the kids cousins from the Hendricks side of the family. My sister in law Debbie and her kids will be in Montana for about a month.They are really looking forward to it. Which reminds me I have to head to The Mart for a twin airbed! I am too old to sleep on the ground...*sigh*
I was able to walk for over 2 hours yesterday. And one hour with Dan today! Feels great!! In the mornings it's about 65-70 out,  that is SO nice. If ya wait till afternoon it's in the 80's! :(

Well, I the kids and I are running around this afternoon, before heading to Bro. Kirby and Sis. Nancy's for a BBQ dinner. Paul and Kirby both had birthdays last week...! And it's my week to bring the Sunday School treat tomorrow. Lot's of fun today ;)
God bless!!!

4 comments:

Caleb & Katie said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun...
:-)

Rebekah said...

Yeah! So nice to read an update! I'm so happy that you got to spend some time with your Mom and Aunt Jane and Alex--happy for ALL of you! Times like that are precious, aren't they?

Love you, lady!

Anonymous said...

We did have a wonderful time in MT!! It is a laid-back place but we kept busy outside and in; just doing things together~
Thanks for everything!! mu

Dave and Melissa said...

Thanks for stopping in ladies!

I still miss you, Mom :)