Thursday, August 29, 2013

Choices, Choices.....

Well, Dave and I decided to give our children a choice on where to go for family vacation... We planned to go to the cost of Oregon, but we kept hearing... "When are we going to Grandma Karen's and Poppy's?"  Can you guess what they picked...?? ;)

We will leave for Springs around the 16th. We are all pretty excited. We plan to do some fun things while we are there. I'm looking forward to the Zoo and Whit's End!! OH and Chick-fil-A!!!!

I had a good birthday. Dave and the kids gave me some nice gifts! I got a new board game, I LOVE games! Also a new cheese grater, and a wood cutting board set. I have been wanting those for a while now. After church that day Mandie came over and cooked us dinner! That was very nice. And a couple from church came over and ate with us too. Later that night a lady came a looked at the Suburban we had for sale. And they bought it the next morning. This is the second time we have sold a car on my birthday ;) It was bitter sweet. We had the car for a good 8 years. It was time to let it go ;)
That's about the long and short of it around here. The twins are going to grill some chicken patties for dinner tonight. And I have a date with Pat Sajack and Alex Trebek ;) It's the simple things people!! :D

4 comments:

Jamey said...

Happy belated Birthday!!!!
Maybe we will get to see you guys when you come down. :)

Vicki Smith said...

I realize you had a birthday, but Pat Sajack and Alex Trebek??? Those guys are best friends with the over 70 crowd!!! I guess you're never too young to join in. :-)
I fixed chicken and dumplings tonight for the Smith crowd here in Denver. All the adults, except me, are SICK. I'm hoping the chicken broth will have healing properties. :-) Of course, I'm REALLY counting on prayer to do the trick.

ToughLady said...

if I didn't wish u a Happy Birthday consider it done, how long r u guys going to be in springs? I wish I could see you, if not have a great vacation...

Dave and Melissa said...

;) Thanks Ladies!
I sure hope to see you Jamey!!
Oh, Janis...I really, really wish I could see you...!!
Hope the Smith family is feeling better!!