Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The book of JAMES "Mercy Triumphs"

Well, I am blown away by the Lord once again. It's a bit of along story, but I am going to a once a week Bible study on the book of James. Dave works with a Christian man at work, from time to time, and his wife invited me. Anyway, I was not real crazy about going at first, I did not know anyone who would be there, blah blah....  Needless to say, I am  glad I did. It's been a real blessing to me. There's so much in that little book, written by a man who grew up with JESUS! Every time I read the Bible study book and the verses in James, I get a blessing from the Lord. I want to share just a bit of what I read today...    "No, one in existence has more to gain from our selective hearing than the Devil. Don't think for a second that he's incapable of being nice to you. If you want to stay in bondage to self-deception, he can be your best friend...... Temptation is one of the  great equalizers in our world. No one escapes temptation. God himself doesn't tempt anyone...."

Also, our local church ladies are going through "The Power of a Praying Wife". That is also a HUGE blessing. I see myself in it almost every time I read it. We have our meeting again this Friday. I'm looking forward to it.

Sunday was a big blessing to me. Our whole church membership was there (with the exception of Sister Horton who lives in WA and my brother in law Caleb). It was a wonderful time of prayer and worship together with my husband and kids and our church family. So, needless to say I am one blessed lady. ;)

We had our first snow Sunday night/Monday. About an inch and a half.. So, it's not much, but it's COLD! I admit I was a bit bummed, I was SO enjoying fall. We had a good 2 weeks of beautiful fall weather, not hot, not cold. But they snow is beautiful too.

The twins are hoping to go to Columbia Falls this week, We shall see if that works...?!? They miss our family there. I think it maybe good for them.

Dave is working. I hope he'll be home in the night. Tomorrow night is our all singing night at church. I do enjoy that. This time I'll have my little nursery class sing a song. They are too cute. It's ages 1-4. I also will sign a song... Sometimes I feel like a dork when I do that. But Brother Kirby always seems to mention having a "signed song" ready for that night. ;) So, I try to go with it and just worship the Lord and I get blessed by His love.

I've been missing my mom these days. I know that I just saw her, but I still do. I miss my dad too and SO wish that I could be with my parents when they go to my Grandma Barb's service in November. It's just not in the budget these days. My heart breaks over it, but when you have to make hard choices when you're a grown-up. :/

Oka, that's it from Montana!

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

It's SOOOO GOOD to hear from you again. It gets pretty lonely here in Blogland when nobody wants to blog. *wiping a sad tear* ;-)
The Bible Studies sound really nice. What a blessing to get into the Word of God.
The first snow of the season??? Did you have a Puzzle Day??? Last year we didn't have a first snow of the season. :-( I'm hoping for a better year this year. I was happy, at least, that it was COLD last weekend for the beginning of our Ladies' Retreat. Then it warmed up nicely on Saturday so we could scatter through the woods to do our Hide Away time. It was perfect!
I've got Becki's boys with me this week. We're having fun--even doing school. They're funny kids! They make me laugh.
Wish you were going to the Ladies' Retreat in NM next weekend. I'm looking forward to it!
Love you, girl!

Dave and Melissa said...

No, puzzle day... Well! Beth did work on one for a little while the day after it snowed. Does that count? ;)
Ladies Retreat in New Mexico sounds great! God bless you all!!

Tammy K. said...

The book of James is my favorite book