Thursday, November 7, 2013

Life is moving right along....

I've thought of a few things to blog about, so I decided to make time to do it.
The twins are in Columbia Falls, till Sunday or Monday. Dad Hendricks will bring them home after church Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. He wants to stay for a day or two and help Dave with he old pick-up. A few years back Dave's Grandpa Jenkins gave him is old 1980 Ford. Grandpa bought it brand new! Anyway.. When we moved we had no where to store it while we were looking for a house. About a month ago, Dave's mom and dad brought it over to us. That was really cool.

On to other news.... Dave is working steady. That's nice. Sometimes it feels like he's working a lot..! But this week slowed down some. We are both happy about that. We had a good mid-week service last night. We could not use the building we rent this week, so we were at our pastors house. Sometimes it's nice to have a "home church" night.

I am really hoping to recover our kitchen bar stools, before we have  20+ guests for Thanksgiving. I had my mom get me some fabric from JoAnn's. It's called Duck Canvas. I sure hope it works. I'm NOT good a being crafty! BUT, I want them recovered. They really need it. And they are in good shape so, I don't want to replace them. Those things are crazy expensive. There is vinyl on them now. I'm hoping that we can use a staple gun...?  That is what was used to attach the vinyl. Any suggestions are welcome! ;)

Brother Kirby came about 3 weeks ago and painted our living room accent wall. It looks AWESOME!!! I will have to post before and after picts. Right now my husband is sleeping, and I need the camera to do it. Which is on the top shelf in our bedroom closet. ;)

Today is Mandie's birthday. We had cake and a small family party with us and the Alexanders on Tuesday. That was great. So, tonight since Caleb and Dave will be working I will make her dinner and we will watch a Christmas movie with the kids. I don't know if she has picked one out yet or not...!? But I am looking forward to it!

On Tuesday Dave and I had a small date. We got some lunch together at one of the only good places to eat out at. (There maybe like 4 total to pick form that are good) And did some Christmas shopping. That was fun. We have a few more things we'd like to get, but we have several gifts ready. I believe that this year he and I will buy a set of cast iron cookware as a gift to each other. We have1 that we both like to cook in. I LOVE making corn bread in it. (Well, I don't eat corn bread, but Dave and the kids love it!) I also make dinner rolls in it when I have some dough that won't fit in the big pan. Those are SO good cooked in cast iron.

We had some snow about 10days ago, but it was not much. I really enjoyed fall this year. It was beautiful!! I'm not happy that I did not take more pictures :/ But, we had a great one. And I was able to be outside for a few days of it. Cleaning out my flower bed and working in the garage. It was really nice. I brought in 3 of my flowers and put them in pots till next year. 2 geraniums and 1 begonia. They are doing well, so far. It's been over a month now. The begonia is growing really well! It makes me happy. I was NEVER a green thumb. My dad can grow anything! And so could his mom and his grandpa. So, the fact that I had a nice flower garden and I was able to dig up 3 plans and bring them inside.... Made me super happy ;) It makes me feel closer to dad when I can do that kind of stuff. It also makes me feel like I am doing something that my Grandma Barb would have enjoyed. Tom, my nephew, and I planed tulip bulbs a few days after our first frost. I love bulb flowers.

It's cold and gray today. I would not doubt if there will be snow again soon. I think Sunday and Monday there will be.  Some days we have had warmer days in the 40's. But this week it's been in the 30's. Still pretty! But just a bit chilly.

Well, that's it from around Montana! Thanks for reading!


No comments: