Wednesday, November 20, 2013

No Ladies Retreat

Well, I guess ya have to post about a Ladies Retreat in order for people to read your blog ;)

Well, I'll blog again anyway... This week was busy, but good. We had my brother in law  Caleb's 30th birthday party Sunday after church. It was a lot of fun. :)
Monday he took Tim hunting with him.  Tim was able to harvest his first deer! A buck at that! We are really happy for him. Dave and Tim got it skinned tonight before we went to mid-week and Dave and I tried to quarter it when we got home... That did not work so good... It's froze SOLID! We will do it first thing in the morning. The joys of living in Montana. It's only November and it's below 0. I think we will reach the 30's again soon. That's more normal.

School is moving right along. We have a college student tutor come on Tuesdays to help with math. It's just a help to me to have the kids be accountable to someone else for one subject. He's a big help. He too was schooled at home his whole life.

The twins will be 13 on the 13th of December 2013! :D Pretty cool.... I'm looking forward to making their day special. It blows my mind how fast they have grown. I told Dan the other day I can still remember the first time he smiled at me. It melted my heart. ;) Tim looks a lot like my dad. But even more, he looks like my dad's dad...! So, crazy. They are handsome young men, who love Jesus. For that I am thankful.

Well, my husband is saying he's ready for bed. So, I'm going to close this. Say "Good night, Gracie" "Good night, Gracie!"

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Posting about Ladies' Retreats doesn't necessarily mean people will read your blog. There's just not many blog readers out there. And even fewer who bother to comment. ;-)
So happy for your ace deer hunter! That's fantastic! And that's neat that you have a college student to tutor math. That's my most hated subject. It's right up there with some of the science subjects. Yuck!
Caleb Smith was 13 on the 13th of November, your boys will be 13 on the 13th of December, and Katie Rue will be 13 on the 13th of February. What a neat bunch of kids born on the 13th!
Although I know it's a pain for your unbutchered meat to be frozen, it's much nicer than living where the meat spoils quickly because it's so warm.
Thanks for posting. It's always good to read a new post.
Love you!

Rebekah said...

I ALWAYS read your blog, I just do what I do everywhere else... I read it and think, "I'll come back and leave a comment later," and then somehow never actually follow through. Ha! But I love hearing what's going on in your life from time to time--so don't stop. :-)

So happy for your boy-feeling-like-a-man and his first deer! That's fantastic. It's so crazy that we're all going to have TEENAGERS so soon, but super cool. I hope my kids' teen years are as fun and spiritually growth-inducing as mine were!

Dave and Melissa said...

Very, true Sis. Smith. I am glad that we did not have to worry about it going bad before we got it to the freezer. :)
Thanks for stopping by!