Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

Ok.... Here goes. This will be short and sweet, but here goes!
I DID NOT BLACK FRIDAY SHOP!! :D First time in MANY years. I loved every min of being home with Dave and the kids. We had 30 people in our home Thanksgiving day. So, when they all left it was like the 6 of us sat  on the sofa and talked, ate some pie. It was the BEST. I can't stand that they are starting shopping SO early. I can't handle that. So, I stayed home. :) Dave and I have done a lot of shopping  on line this year! Much better with a cup of coffee in  my pj's with my husband! :)
Ok. Back to Thursday! We had a great crowd here on Thursday. Like I said 30 people where here. And 3 of those people are deaf. ;) That was the icing on the cake for me! I love having "diverse" languages on our home. It felt so good to have everyone here. And they told Dave and I how much fun they had. That's always a plus. Our local church was ALL here, plus a family( Josh& Cassie) that comes often, and her parents (2 of the deaf people).  Brother Kirby's brother came from North Dakota. And a young 20 something guy from our local Wal-Mart! He's also deaf. I hope that being here with us will push him a bit to come to church sometime...

Last night Beth, Andy and I decorated the FAKE tree!! *sigh* I hate fake trees... But, I'm glad I have it! Real ones are expensive here in Havre. Last year Josh and Cassie went to the Flathead Valley, and brought me home a 14 foot tree! It was beautiful...! We have 14ft ceiling in our living room, so we trimmed it to 12ft. But this year, no go. :/ So, I had to get out the 6 foot one. Dave is NOT a Christmas guy... He may watch a Christmas movie with me, read Luke 2 to the kids, and that's Dave's Christmas. ;)

The twins turn 13 on the 13th this month! In the year 13! :D We plan to have a get together for them that day.
Sister Nancy is making them and Noelle, who is 15 I think, be apart of the Christmas program this year. They are so excited about that one... ;) But she says that she can't do it with just the younger kids this year.. I think they will get over it.

I believe that is it! We are getting dumped on right now!! The snow is SO pretty...! I think I may have to put on a Christmas movie, and wait for Dave and the twins to get home from Rifle Club. Andy is already complaining about the Christmas movie. ;)

1 comment:

Vicki Smith said...

Awww, man! SNOW and a Christmas movie AFTER Thanksgiving? PERFECT! Add some hot chocolate and a Christmas puzzle to work on and it just can't get any better than that. ;-)
How wonderful you had such a big, fun crowd for Thanksgiving. I only had half as many as you, but the house felt pretty full and it was wonderful.
THANK YOU for posting again. It gets awfully lonely out here all alone.