Sunday, December 22, 2013

Oh, why not!

I was going to wait until after Christmas to post, but I have a few min, so why not blog! ;)

The twins had a nice 13th birthday on the 13th this month. Dave's mom and dad surprised them and came along with Joe, Dave's 16 year old nephew. They were  very happy to see them. Several people came from church to have cookie cake (Tim's pick) and Oreo Cheesecake (Dan's pick). Needless to say, I was baking for what felt like years.... ;) They both turned out well, and the boys were happy. I am so proud of these two. I hope and pray that they keep walking in the light the best they can. They are stinkers at times, but all in all they love the Lord and their family. :)

My parents are on the road right now to be here with us and Mandie's family for Christmas!! We have not told the children... There's been snow in the forecast and we did not want tears if they could not come. So far so good. I pray the make it from Billings to here tomorrow with no issue.

Dave and I got a gift we could share for each other for Christmas. We got an iPad. I really like the thing! I need to see about blogging on it.... It's nice when you get old you don't have to wait for Christmas day to get your present. ;) We had fun shopping for the kids this year. It was nice to shop on like together and we went to stores twice together. That is always nice. :)

Okay, well I better keep moving! The kids have their Christmas program at church tonight. My job is to bring coffee and Buckeye brownies. YUM!

1 comment:

Vicki Smith said...

Oh, I'm SO HAPPY your folks will get to be there for Christmas! How fun! And I'm so excited for ALL of my family to be together, too. I don't remember the last time we got to be with both of my kids and their families for Christmas. I'm sure it was at least a couple of grandkids ago.
Thank you for the Christmas card and the ADORABLE photo of Beth and Titus. Beth looks JUST LIKE YOU. :-) She's beautiful. And she looks like a really sweet girl.
Love you! Have a VERY Merry Christmas and tell Mandie and your mom hello for me.