Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rich

For some reason, I'm missing Rich Mullins today! I know... Get over it, Melissa... ;) This year will mark the 17th anniversary of his death, if I'm doing my math right.
So, as I write this post I'm watching/ listening to the last concert he had on live TV. I love it, yet every time I watch it makes me hungry for more. *sigh* Heaven gets all the good music. ;)

I was at his last tour when I was 17. It was awesome. Remember that, Tammy?? We were #3 and #4 in line. Good memories! But, he did not sing my favorite song that night, Promenade. I was pretty bummed out. And way too shy to mention that to him when he signed my ticket stubb.. :/
I leave the post with one last memory. When I was expecting the twins, my sister and I went to an Andrew Peterson concert.  We'll, in the middle of that, he grabs his mandolin and starts to sing Promenade...! So, I sat there about 5 months prego with twins, crying my eyes out! It was a little gift to me from God that night. :)
I'll leave you with a good quote from Rich.... "I like the Bible.... My most favorite thing about the Bible is all the weirdos..." Good night! I'm off to read about weirdos.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weirdo's, ..."Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect."


Yes, weirdo's :) of whom this world is not worthy!

I really really like RM too~
and keep at least one of his CD's in my car.
Luv 2U Sweets! ~moui

Tammy K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy K. said...

I do remember that Rich Mullins concert. it was GREAT. And I also remember the emotional Andrews Peterson concert, Great one too. :-) Fun memories.

Dave and Melissa said...

Thanks, Mom!! Love you.

Tammy, I don't remember you being at that AP concert with me, I was SO sad that night, because Dave had to work an event @ Focus. So he was not with me... Well, my brain is tiny ;) So, I'm sure you were there, I just don't remember that at all! :D

peaceinchaos said...

I am a bad Rich Mullins fan, didn't know the anniversary came and left. I so love listening to him, so down to earth if you will. I feel the Lord in his music.