Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Will the madness end ? ;)

I sure hope not!! The kids and I made a spur of the moment trip to Colorado last week. SO fun. It was  Friday night the 28th we just finished dinner. Dave was getting ready for work. He and I were the last ones at the table and I said "I miss Colorado." Dave said"I know you do." "Hey! When's your grandpas 80th birthday ?"  I said...."The day after tomorrow!"  He said " We'll, just go!" I was like..." Wow! Are you sure..?" Long story short the kids and I left the next day!!! :D took me 14 hours to get there 13 1/2 home.  We left on a Saturday and come home on a Saturday. We had a great time. And Grandpa and Grandma were SO happy to see the kids.
Guess what? I get to drive again this saturday! Only 4 hours this time ;)

Can't wait to see you again Mom! Andy and Beth are convinced they'll have more fun with you and dad, than Dave and I will on a honeymoon!! Crazy kids ;)

Thanks again Jamey for going shopping with me!! I wore one of my new outfits to church Sunday with a jean jacket. I love it!! :)

Then 1 month after all that, we leave for camp. I have to teach 4 1 hr classes! Yikes... And it's for kids ages 5-11. Huge age range. I'm praying the Lords help!! I need it. I really, really, want to be a blessing to these kids.
Okay. That's all the news from here! Love ya Mom. See ya soon.

7 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

How FUN! Sometimes those spur of the moment trips are more fun than the ones you plan for weeks or months. :-) I'm glad you got to go. And I'm glad for all the grandparents who got to see the kids.

Rebekah said...

How fun!!! I agree--it's extra fun when you just hop in the car and GO--spontaneously. Doesn't happen very often that way. Maybe that's why it's extra fun. :-) I'm soooooo glad you guys were able to go spend some time with friends and family in Colorado. I wish I could have been one of them! Ha! Love you, lady!

Jamey said...

It was SOOOO great seeing you guys AND getting to go shopping!!! I had a blast!! Looking forward to next time ;)

Marcia Brooks said...

Good for you. I know you enjoyed every minute of being there. I'm sure your mom and family were thrilled to have you. Shopping for new clothes is always fun. :)

Anonymous said...

It was amazing! We were so surprised and thrilled! : ) Thanks for thinking of it and sending them down Dave!!
Grandma & Grandpa are still talking about it~
And yes!, knowing we'll be there in a few weeks made the "goodbyes" so much easier!
C U SOON~

Dave and Melissa said...

Thanks Ladies!! We had a blast. Right now we are in Columbia Falls :) I'll blog again next week.

Dave and Melissa said...

Thanks Ladies!! We had a blast. Right now we are in Columbia Falls :) I'll blog again next week.